The font of a translation note can be altered from the site default by using the CSS property
Add the property name and desired font name to the style attribute of the surrounding HTML block.
<span style="font-family:serif">This text will use a serif font</span>
Single word fonts can be used as is. Multiple word fonts usually must be surrounded by apostrophes.
<span style="font-family:'Times New Roman'">This text will use the Times New Roman font</span>
There are five generic fonts which are available on all systems. The browser will pick the first available preferred font available on the user's OS.
The generic font names are:
font-family property allows multiple fonts to be listed as fallback fonts. Each font name needs to be separated by a comma. The browser will use the first available font from among those listed.
<span style="font-family:'Times New Roman',serif">This text will use a font</span>
In the above example, if Times New Roman is on the system, the browser will use that font. Otherwise it will pick its preferred serif font.
Note: It is generally suggested to always end a font list with a generic font. Otherwise, the font used will be dependent upon the browser.
Danbooru supplies a set list of fonts available to use which acts as a guarantee that that font will be available to use on every browser and OS.
- comic - Comic Relief, a Comic Sans replacement.
- narrow - Archivo Narrow, an Arial Narrow replacement. Narrow and thin.
- mono - IBM's Plex Mono, a monospace font for use on code or robot-like text.
- slab sans - Anton, an Impact replacement. Narrow and thick.
- slab serif - Rokkitt, a Rockwell replacement. A blocky serif font. Sometimes used for comic titles.
- formal serif - Lora, a rounded, more formal serif font.
- formal cursive - Petit Formal Script, a fancy cursive font.
- print - Kalam, a neatly hand-printed font. Comparable to MV Boli. Suitable for neat handwriting or comics.
- hand - Indie Flower, a more casual handwritten font. Comparable to Segoe Print.
- blackletter - Unifraktur Maguntia, a Gothic / Germanic / Old English style font.
- scary - Anarchy, with jagged wild strokes.
Note:The multiple word fonts that Danbooru provides do not need to be surrounded by apostrophes. Only the bolded font aliases will work, not the actual font names. For example, use
Additionally, the following standard fonts have been aliased to other fonts:
- Comic Sans MS is now aliased to Comic Relief.
- Arial Narrow is now aliased to Archivo Narrow.
- Rockwell is now aliased to Rokkitt.
- Impact is now aliased to Anton.
Using specific fonts besides the Danbooru-supplied and generic font families is discouraged and support for them will be removed in the future.