A competition swimsuit (競泳水着, kyouei mizugi) is a swimsuit that is worn in swimming meets and competitions. They are different from swimsuits for fun in having a "crossed" back as opposed to "backless" ones. They also do not emphasize cleavage as they do not show much of the chest area. They also appear to have a slimming effect, allowing for easier swimming.
There are also unisexual competition swimsuits that resemble bodysuits and wetsuits and cover either the legs or the thighs (like bike shorts).
Some of the following companies' logos are apparent in such swimsuits:
- Adidas: http://www.adidas.com/
- Arena: http://www.arena-jp.com/
- Asics: http://www.asics.com/
- Mizuno: http://www.mizuno.com/
- Speedo: http://www.speedo.com/