Search is how you will mostly be navigating the site. Here you will find anything you need to know about the search functionality.
A search for an individual tag will only show posts with that specific tag.
To further narrow down your search use multiptags.
In order to exclude tags from the search put a subtraction symbol (-) in front of the tag.
To only show posts that match one or more tags, use the tilde symbol (~) to make a tag optional.
Note: a search with an optional tag will only work if there are at least two optional tags. If there is only one then it will be considered a normal tag.
Using the wildcard symbol (*) a search can be made across multiple tags. Multiple wildcards (*) can be used.
Note however, wildcard searches are limited. Presumably for performance. See forum #95590 for reference. The implications of this means that the example search above for *skirt* will include the largest two tags for basic members, those being skirt and pleated_skirt as of this moment. To check which tags will be included in a search use the Tag Search and perform the wildcard search with ordering by count. Then you can see the largest tags that will be included from the top. The limitations are:
- Basic member: 2 largest tags
- Gold member: 6 largest tags
- Platinum member: 12 largest tags
Additionally, there are some wildcard caveats:
- * - wildcard
- \* - literal *
- \\ - literal \
Only show posts with a specific rating.
See Rating Guidelines for specifics on ratings.
Listing posts in a specific order.
- order:score (order based on post score)
- order:rank (order based on post score and recency of upload)
- order:favcount (order based on number of post favorites)
Search for posts in pools.
Search by specific pool numbers or names. In names remember to replace spaces with underscores (_).
Specific pool (in order)
List the posts in the pool by the order they appear in the pool instead of the order they were uploaded:
Search across pools
- pool:none (posts that are not in any pools)
- pool:any (posts that are in at least one pool)
- pool:series (posts that are in a series-category pool)
- pool:collection (posts that are in a collection-category pool)
Wildcards (*) can also be used to search across pools. However, they follow the same limitations as regular wildcard tags. See under Wildcards on this page for more information.
Further enhance your search by the use of advanced search functionality.
A metatag is a dynamic tag with more functionality than a regular tag.
Basically it is a metatag whenever a colon (:) is used, meaning rating, order and pool are metatags.
Like regular tags, some metatags can be excluded by adding a subtraction symbol (-).
- filesize:1m (search for filesizes of 1 megabyte)
- mpixels:5.. (search for amount of pixels equal to or above 5 megapixels)
- ratio:4:3 (search for posts with ratio 4:3)
- age:<2weeks (search for posts less than 2 weeks old)
- -pool:1082 (exclude posts from pool #1082)
See Metatags for a detailed list of all metatags and their uses.
The site will automatically add a number of tags to posts fulfilling certain criteria.
- lowres (posts where width and height are <= 500)
- huge_filesize (posts where filesize is at least 10 MB)
See Automatic Tags for all such tags.
Search based on image resolution and filesize.
- mpixels:5.. (show posts with 5 megapixels or more)
- filesize:>1m (show posts with filesize greater than 1 megabyte)
See Imagesize for all search terms.
Some metatags include the use of numbers which has a syntax for additional functionality.
See Number Syntax for a complete run-down of all number uses.