If you believe a post either violates the upload rules or is low quality, you may flag it for review. To flag a post, click the "Flag" link under the Options heading in the sidebar to the left of the post.
Flagging a post sends it to the moderation queue for review. The post has up to three days to be reviewed by the approval team. If the post is not approved after three days the flag is considered successful and the post will be deleted. This process is the same moderation process that new uploads undergo.
Note: just because a post is flagged does not mean it will be deleted. Anyone may flag a post for any reason. A flagged post will only be deleted if no one on the approval team approves it after three days.
Be patient, keep your flags civil, DO NOT insult others, and it MUST follow the community rules.
- Be specific and descriptive in your flag reason.
- Do not mention every single flaw in the image. If a flaw does not harm the overall quality of an image, leave it out.
- Do not flag posts with frivolous reasons. This kind of abuse is a vandalism and will result in a ban.
- Report this kind of flagging behavior in topic #13177.
- Do not complain about flag reasons in the comments. Be patient, remain civil. The post will be approved if the reason is unjustified.
- If you do complain, some users will think that the flag is a harassment/targeted at you. (Simple example)
- See howto:comment for proper commenting behavior.
- Do not flag corrupted images, such images should be posted in topic #16765 to request replacement.
- Do not flag drawings as off-topic just because they depict Western, non-Japanese, or non-anime content. That's not a valid reason.
- Do not flag "extreme fetish" content which does NOT violate the Upload Rules completely: loli, shota, toddlercon, gore, rape, bestiality, etc.
Common Reasons to Flag a Post
- Poorly drawn, exhibits unacceptably bad anatomy, bad perspective, bad proportions or overall low quality.
- Violation of the Terms of Service including the Upload Rules: Off-topic, fake translations, etc.
- The post is an inferior image sample while a superior, high quality version has been uploaded.
- The post is an generally rejected, unacceptable third-party edit.
- The flagger's name will be anonymous to everyone, it is only shown to Moderator+ users. Exception: forum #138963.
- Users can only flag up to 5 posts every 3 days. Those who maintain a ratio of 70% accepted flags and have at least 30 flags in the last 3 months will be rewarded with unlimited flags.
- Approvers (users with the permission to approve posts) can flag an unlimited amount of posts per day.
- A user can flag a post only once.