On pawoo (and other instances of Mastodon), 'tweets' are referred to as 'toots', 'likes' are referred to as 'favorites' and 'retweets' are referred to as 'boosts'.
This page will describe how to sign up and upload from Pawoo, in addition to how to handle new artist entries in the case an entry doesn't already exist for the artist you're uploading a work from.
Word of caution
Uploading from pawoo is unadvised for a few reasons:
- All jpg images are resampled (albeit at a lower rate than Twitter)
- All images are currently configured to be resized to a maximum of 1280x1280, much smaller than what Twitter allows.
You should always look for a better image source off another site such as pixiv or nicoseiga if it is available (help:image source).
Pawoo will not allow you to view links to the timeline if you do not have an account. That includes links like these:
The interface now has an English interface that also allows you to sign up with your pixiv account, so signing up should be fairly straightforward.
1. Upload with the danbooru bookmarklet, or paste in the toot URL of the work you wish to upload in the upload page. This way, you don't have to upload the image from your computer. If you wish to upload multiple images, use the batch bookmarklet. The link to a toot should look something like this:
It's important to note that the HTML URL to the toot is much more preferred than that of the direct image URL to the tweet for various reasons. Artist information and commentary, for example, are readily available to pull from the image source if the tweet has not been taken down yet.
The upload page will NOT always correct your source to the HTML link for you. Remember to correct it yourself when it so happens.
2. Use the artist tag detected under Related Tags, if there is one. If there is none, you may refer to the rest of this article on how to choose an artist name and make an entry for them, or correct their artist entry if they have changed their twitter handle.
Most pawoo users will have a pixiv account, usually listed somewhere in their profile. If not that, they they may also have a twitter account to reference. In cases like these, see howto:pixiv or howto:twitter. Remember to add new Pawoo account URLs to their artist entries if they exist.
If none can be found, see howto:artist for how to romanize their name and add a new artist entry for them.
- topic #13941
- Pawoo API
- source:https://img.pawoo.net/ -- this should have no matches.
- source:https://pawoo.net/media/ -- neither should this.