All pools in Danbooru are subject to the following pool rules. Pools which break these rules may be reported as pointless in topic #8282.
What pools are for:
- Doujins, comic series, and other groups of images that go in a specific order*
- Pixiv image responses
- (e.g. pool #914)
- Untaggable themes
* Note: For image series with a length of 2, it is tolerable to use a parent/child relationship. See Help:Post Relationships.
What pools are NOT for:
- Your favorite images
- Things that already have a tag
- Things you can already search for by combining multiple existing tags
- Concepts that can be a new tag instead
- Anything related to comments
- Anything related to the number of other pools the image is already in
- Anything related to the metadata of the image
You may make a personal favorite group for these things instead.
How to make a Pool
- Comic/image series pools: Title it "Copyright - Comic Title (artist)". In the description, mention the basic premise of the story and the Japanese title of the series. Example: pool #677
- Pixiv image response pools: Link to the original image (on Pixiv or Danbooru) and mention the basic idea of the image response and the Japanese title. Example: pool #1862
- Collection (theme) pools: Create a forum topic to discuss whether the pool should be made or not. Be sure to describe the criteria for a post to be included in the pool, and make the pool's name as descriptive as possible (not a joke title). Pools that are vague, poorly-described, or not discussed ahead of time risk deletion! Example: pool #1632
If in doubt about a pool you think should be made, don't hesitate to ask in the forum!