"Metal Gear?!" - Solid Snake
The Metal Gear series is a series of stealth games created by Kojima Hideo and developed and published by Konami. In the series, the player takes control of a Special Forces Operative (Solid Snake in most games) repeatedly facing off against the latest incarnation of the eponymous superweapon "Metal Gear": a bipedal walking tank with nuclear launching capabilities.
The series is famous for pioneering the stealth game genre, for its lengthy cinematic cut scenes, intricate storylines, fourth wall-breaking sense of humor, and its exploration of the nature of politics, warfare, environmentalism, censorship, genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, loyalty, reality, subjective vs. universal truths, and other philosophical themes.
List of games
- Metal Gear (Metal Gear 1)
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
- Metal Gear Solid (The Twin Snakes)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Substance)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Subsistence)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
- Metal Gear Solid V
The following tags implicate this tag: metal_gear_solid_3, metal_gear_solid_peace_walker, metal_gear_solid_portable_ops, metal_gear_solid_2, metal_gear_acid, metal_gear_solid_v, metal_gear_acid_2, metal_gear_solid:_ground_zeroes, metal_gear_2, metal_gear_solid, metal_gear_solid_4, metal_gear_rising:_revengeance, metal_gear_solid:_rising, and metal_gear_online (learn more).