Tachi-e originated as character art you could use in vn/adventure games as a means of cutting budget. Often this is a front-facing character sprite used during conversations with various prepared expressions and poses that can be switched as it flows. It does not strictly require your character to be standing, neither be full body (e.g. from the knee or waist up), as long as it is reusable enough it should qualify.
When tagging, use the following rule of thumb: if you can slap an image onto the random background, add a textbox and the result will look like fake screenshot it should probably be considered a Tachi-e.
- pool #11851
- pool #7005
- post #3466244 (not limited to game cg)
- post #2922420 (easily removable background also counts)
Tachi-e is not applicable if image:
- Has more than one instance of the character (turnarounds, character sheets, multiple views, variations, expressions, etc...): post #3490670, post #2195716, post #3213462, post #2538995, post #2288278
- Has non simple or non transparent backgrounds (zoom layers, gradient background, etc..): post #2925837 (vs post #2951458), post #4133229 (vs post #4133230), post #4028183, post #4151481
- Is a character profile or featuring character stats
- Is a faux figurine or a dakimakura
- Has a tachi-e within screencaps or fake screenshots: post #818170, post #1713628
- Has an extra outline: post #3589935 (vs post #3589913)